Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
If you love this recipe, check out the book!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes | COOK TIME: 20 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes | YIELD: 4 servings
I know, I’m kind of a genius here: I added broccoli to sneak those vital greens and nutrients into your breakfast. But don’t worry. I promise that you
’ll barely taste the broccoli among all the other fun flavors packed into these quesadillas.
The balance in these boxes is perfect: You have your healthy carbs, protein, vitamins, and minerals all under one roof.
But feel free to change up what you put in your quesadillas. You can use egg whites as opposed to whole eggs; asparagus, spinach, or kale instead of broccoli; and any kind of fruit you want on the side. And, if you’re anything like me and you carry some hot sauce in your purse, a little bit of Tabasco will do wonders for your quesadilla. Just saying!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 (4-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 4 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the ham and broccoli, and cook until the broccoli is tender and bright green, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and cook, stirring gently with a silicone or heatproof spatula, until they just begin to set; season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the green onions.
- Layer half of each tortilla with the egg mixture; sprinkle with the cheese. Fold in half and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the cheese has melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place the quesadillas, raspberries, blueberries, and tangerine segments into meal prep containers. Will keep covered in the refrigerator 3 to 4 days. The quesadillas can be reheated in the microwave in 30-second intervals until heated through.
NUTRITION FACTS: CALORIES: 291.0 / TOTAL FAT: 12.0 / TRANS FAT: 0.0 / SATURATED FAT: 3.0 / CHOLESTEROL: 204.0 /
SODIUM: 802.0 / CARBOHYDRATES: 24.0 / FIBER: 3. 0 / SUGAR: 11.0 / PROTEIN: 20.0