SALSA SNACK BOX
PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: none | TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes | YIELD: 4 servings
Lo and behold—my favorite snack box yet! Well, maybe it’s a close second after the Mini Pumpkin Protein Donuts. No, but really, snacking has never been so stinking good until now.
The strawberry mango salsa here is perfectly sweet and savory to satisfy any mid-afternoon craving. And the longer it sits, the better it tastes!
Now you can always decrease or increase the amount of jalapeño depending on how much heat you prefer. And please remember to wash your hands immediately after handling a jalapeño pepper. There’s nothing worse than hot pepper hands!
- 3⁄4 cup diced strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup diced mango
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jicama, peeled and sliced into thick matchsticks
- 1 pineapple, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, mango, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, honey, and lime juice.
- Divide the tortilla chips into ziplock bags. Divide the salsa, bell peppers, jicama, and pineapple into meal prep containers. Will keep in the refrigerator 3 to 4 days.
NUTRITION FACTS: CALORIES: 262.0 / TOTAL FAT: 4.0 / TRANS FAT: 0.0 / SATURATED FAT: 1.0 / CHOLESTEROL: 0.0 /
SODIUM: 71.0 / CARBOHYDRATES: 55.0 / FIBER: 12.0 / SUGAR: 22.0 / PROTEIN: 1.0
It's 6:00 pm, and you have nothing planned for dinner. Again. If you're like many folks, including blogger and author Chungah Rhee, this happens more often than you care to admit! Wanting to regain control of her health and eating habits, Chungah turned to meal prep: the secret weapon that keeps everyone from celebrities and athletes to busy parents and young professionals on-track and eating well.
Chungah quickly found that meal prep is an amazing way to save time and money and to keep you and your family eating healthy all week long. By taking the time to plan your meals, prep ingredients, and do some cooking ahead of time, it's easy to have perfectly portioned healthy options at your fingertips for any time of the day.
Inside are Chungah's go-to recipes-including some favorites from the blog. You'll find inspiration for delectable protein-packed breakfasts, energy-boosting snacks, and slimmed-down comfort food favorites-none of which sacrifice flavor. Who wouldn't be enticed by a 205-calorie Breakfast Croissant Sandwich or an under-500-calorie Mason Jar Lasagna? She also arms readers with dozens of tools for making habit changes actually stick. This indispensable cookbook is sure to help you live a healthier (and more delicious) life.