WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
It's 6:00 pm, and you have nothing planned for dinner. Again. If you're like many folks, including blogger and author Chungah Rhee, this happens more often than you care to admit! Wanting to regain control of her health and eating habits, Chungah turned to meal prep: the secret weapon that keeps everyone from celebrities and athletes to busy parents and young professionals on-track and eating well.
Chungah quickly found that meal prep is an amazing way to save time and money and to keep you and your family eating healthy all week long. By taking the time to plan your meals, prep ingredients, and do some cooking ahead of time, it's easy to have perfectly portioned healthy options at your fingertips for any time of the day.
Inside are Chungah's go-to recipes-including some favorites from the blog. You'll find inspiration for delectable protein-packed breakfasts, energy-boosting snacks, and slimmed-down comfort food favorites-none of which sacrifice flavor. Who wouldn't be enticed by a 205-calorie Breakfast Croissant Sandwich or an under-500-calorie Mason Jar Lasagna? She also arms readers with dozens of tools for making habit changes actually stick. This indispensable cookbook is sure to help you live a healthier (and more delicious) life.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes | YIELD: 4 servings
This is pure comfort in a bowl. Whether it’s 107 degrees on a hot LA day, or 24 degrees with a foot of snow in Indiana, this chili delivers in every single way. It’s warm, it’s cozy, and it doesn’t leave you feeling too heavy.
I love using great northern beans because they have a mild flavor that doesn’t overpower the flavors of the other ingredients. Plus, beans are a great plant-based protein, high in fiber and full of minerals like iron, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
This is basically a bowl of true comfort, plenty of protein, and 316 calories per serving.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 large Anaheim green chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
- 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 (15-ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Optional garnishes: Greek yogurt, jalapeño slices, avocado
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and chiles and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pot and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the stock, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in the beans. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer until slightly reduced, 5 to 10 minutes. Using a potato masher, mash the beans until smooth or the desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, with additional garnishes if desired.
- TO FREEZE: Omit the garnishes until ready to serve. Portion the cooled chili into ziplock freezer bags and lay the bags flat in a single layer in the freezer. Reheat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
NUTRITION FACTS: CALORIES: 316.0 / TOTAL FAT: 6.0 / TRANS FAT: 0.0 / SATURATED FAT: 1.0 / CHOLESTEROL: 65.0 /
SODIUM: 1353.0 / CARBOHYDRATES: 34.0 / FIBER: 11. 0 / SUGAR: 1.0 / PROTEIN: 32.0
MORE RECIPES FROM DAMN DELICIOUS MEAL PREP